We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post,and other posts, or pages on our site .
Bad breath is simply bad. No question about it. But the good thing about this is that it can be cured naturally. How to do it? Learn these easy to follow tips:
1. Brush your teeth. Tooth brushing important to keep your teeth clean by removing food particles from your previous meal. The doctors recommend that your brush your teeth for at least 2 times a day. Replace your toothbrush at least every 3 or 4 months.
2. Clean your tongue. Use a dentist prescribe tongue scraper. This is important since bacteria harbor to your tongue the most. If you use toothbrush, make sure that you brush your tongue at least 15 times. Using spoon as an alternative to clean your tongue can also give you a good result.
3. Use dental floss and mouthwash. Regular toothbrush cannot cover the entire surface area of your teeth so you need to use dental floss at least once a day and mouthwash. If possible, avoid commercial mouthwash that contains too much alcohol. Alcohol contributes to dry mouth. Dry mouth is where bacteria thrive most and bad breath begins.
4. Visit your dentist to treat oral problems. Bad breath is sometimes caused by plaque and cavities of your teeth. Let your dentist take care of your dentures to remove your tooth decay.
5. Eat low fat diet, fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables such as celery, apply, carrot, cucumber, and alike clean your mouth naturally. Low diet food on the other hand keeps you away from those foods that contribute to foul breath. Also, avoid foods such as onion and garlic. They contain oil that when digested will be mixed with the bloodstream and produces bad breath.
6. Go for natural antibiotics. Aloe vera and fresh parsley can cure bad breath. They contain natural antibiotics that sweeten and detoxify your breath. Chew fresh parsley as often as you can. (Chewing increases saliva production and flow, thus chewing also helps cure bad breath.) Aloe vera on the other hand can be made as mouthwash. Mix 2 tsp. of aloe vera juice to 24 ounces of water and gurgle it in your mouth. Cloves, cinnamon, myrrh, rosemary, basil, thyme, and mint leaves are chewed to cure bad breath.
7. Drink plenty of water. Another natural cure for bad breath is drinking plenty of water. Bad breath is caused by anaerobic bacteria that break down sugar and protein into VSCs or volatile sulphur compounds. The VSCs are responsible to the foul smell coming out of your mouth. If drying of the mouth can be minimized by washing it off regularly by drinking plenty of water, the thriving of bacteria on your mouth is lessened, thus curing bad breath.
8. Quit smoking. Tobacco products contribute to bad breath. Smoking tobacco also causes some diseases known to characterize themselves by developing bad breath. Such diseases include kidney failure, liver failure, and lung infection. To quit smoking means lessening the chances of developing any of these diseases as well as bad breath.
9. Formulate your own toothpaste. All you need to do is to mix 3 part baking soda with 1 part salt. Put it to your toothbrush and brush your teeth like you normally do. That’s all! In the period of days or weeks your bad breath is history plus you have whiter teeth, not to mention the small fortune you have saved.
Curing bad breath naturally is easy with these tips. And the best thing about these is that, you don’t have so spend so much just to remove that nasty odor coming out of your mouth.