Posts and Pages within the site may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). This helps support our blogs and allows us to continue to give you free content. Thank you for your support ! - MuzG
The Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema Handbook were written by Francois Haas and Shiela Sperber Haas. Both authors are gifted scientists besides being compassionate people.
This handbook is a bestseller in terms of guiding patients who suffer from emphysema and bronchitis. Thus, revision and expansion were done to provide the most recent information. These diseases are discussed in a way that patients can easily understand. Proper care of bronchitis and emphysema are also posted. Through this handbook, patients can restore their vitality and improve their relationship towards other people.
The authors of this handbook provide facts and useful information on finding the appropriate treatment and obtaining its full advantages. Clearly written and helpful, find out what are the contents of The Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema Handbook.
Tips are provided on finding the best doctor. The treatment options which are very important to patients are thoroughly discussed. You will never worry about HMO’s since guidelines on dealing with them are also provided. Companies providing supplemental oxygen are listed. Even new techniques of surgery are posted to give patients wider options on how technological advances can help treat their diseases.
Anxiety and stress management are included so that patients never lose hope. Preventing symptoms of bronchitis and emphysema are incorporated to improve the quality of life of the patients. The accessibility of their wide helpful resources either by web or phone is easy. You can also read newsletters from experts keeping you informed of the latest developments associated with bronchitis and emphysema.
However, before purchasing this handbook, it is better to read some consumer’s review. In this way, you will have an idea of how useful and effective it is.
– Some people find this handbook very repugnant. It contains grim and frightening illustrations. Thus the wicked line drawings of “blue bloater” and “pink puffer” looks like depiction of the dark ages regarding hell. People with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) never denied the fact that they are going to face death younger than their cohorts.
– Those who are more than fifty five years old may feel that hopes are robbed from them. This handbook failed to encourage them to lead worthwhile lives. Instead they suggest reading “courage books” offering stories of dignity, capability to cope, and hope.
– A licensed psychotherapist who read the entire book never recommends it. Some contents associated with facing anxiety and depression may damage the patients psychologically.
– Some medical doctors find this handbook a very useful tool. It is because COPD is clearly discussed in plain English. In fact, COPD sufferers can easily learn and understand facts about the disease. This is appropriate for COPD dummies.
– Some people have given their testimonials how this handbook has helped them a lot. One reviewer said that the breathing exercises found in this handbook helped his father with serious emphysema condition. His father’s heart failed to function so the doctors let him breathe through an oxygen tank to keep his heart out of fibulation. But after doing the exercises, his condition slowly becomes better until oxygen is not anymore needed.
– The 1990 handbook edition helped one of the patients who were diagnosed with emphysema. He even considered this handbook superb since it immediately toured him and learn about emphysema taking away his ignorance. The firm foundation of the handbook is the posted break through in medical advances. It includes herbal therapy and LVRS or Lung Volume Reduction Surgery. Changes in the practices associated with health insurance ensure that COPD patients can still get the best quantity and quality of treatment.
Living with COPD can be the most overwhelming and exhausting burden. Patients as well as their caregivers may continually live in fear of air running out, their abilities prematurely dwindle, and struggle in their fragility.
Some people who are close with people with bronchitis and emphysema are usually depressed, angry, and frightened. However, doctors are treating their COPD patients in the best way possible. But the problem is that many doctors only focus on the medical aspects of treating COPD rather than giving rehabilitation.
The Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema Handbook can help people with COPD as well as their families to achieve a more realistic perspective of the disease. This can allow them to live calmly and confidently although they have chronic bronchitis or emphysema.