We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post,and other posts, or pages on our site .
If you are a vegetarian, you are always on the lookout for great recipes you can make quickly that taste delicious, so don’t overlook the slow cooker as a way to prepare great vegetarian meals with a minimum of effort. There are tons and tons of vegetarian recipes for the slow cooker and you can find them with a minimum of effort if you take the time to look for them. We’ll start you off with a couple of our favorites!
Slow Cooker Spinach Marinara Sauce
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 5 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/3 cup grated carrot
– 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
– 2 2/3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
– 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
– 2 tablespoons salt
– 2 tablespoons dried oregano
– 2 tablespoons dried basil
– 2 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and crushed tomatoes, with liquid
In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine olive oil, onion, garlic, carrot, spinach, tomato paste, mushrooms, salt, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper, bay leaves and tomatoes. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Stir, reduce heat to low and cook for 1 to 2 hours more. Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Mediterranean Stew
– 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
– 2 cups cubed eggplant, with peel
– 2 cups cubed zucchini
– 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
– 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
– 1 cup chopped onion
– 1 ripe tomato, chopped
– 1 carrot, sliced thin
– 1/2 cup vegetable broth
– 1/3 cup raisins
– 1 clove garlic, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon paprika
In a slow cooker, combine butternut squash, eggplant, zucchini, okra, tomato sauce, onion, tomato, carrot, broth, raisins, and garlic and season with cumin, turmeric, red pepper, cinnamon, and paprika. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
There are lots and lots of vegetarian recipes that you can make in the slow cooker that are easy and delicious and there are lots of places where you can find them. One of our favorite websites for vegetarian slow cookers recipes is http://www.allrecipes.com. Check out their website for some delicious and easy to make vegetarian and vegan recipes.